Afghanistan: SFNS/NRM Expert for Partner Advisory
9 March 2017 | Welthungerhilfe
Deadline: 30 March 2017
View Original Posting
Welthungerhilfe is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
SFNS/NRM Expert for Partner Advisory (m/f) in Kabul
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of 12 months. The place of work will be Kabul, Afghanistan (AF).
The aim of the job is to advise Welthungerhilfe programme national staff and local partner organisations with the implementation of Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security (SFNS), Natural Resource Management (NRM) and sustainable livelihoods projects according to the specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget, in order to help them achieve project goals. The task and responsiblity of the Expert is to professionally support the project team, partner organisations and target groups to achieve the project goals.
- Support the programme/project team in the day-to-day management of SFNS, NRM and sustainable livelihoods project-related activities
- Provide advice to programme team and facilitate knowledge building
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to all project components and support the regional and project managers in the coordination of the implementation of the planned activities under the project as stipulated in the project document/work plan
- Coordinate, plan and develop new projects in close coordination with the partner organisations and national project management staff.
- Support the project team in donor report compilation
- Prepare internal project documents as required
- Advise and help project partners to prepare reports for donors and line managers on time
- Close coordination in all project matters with local and international partner NGOs, in cooperation with the project team and with the Partner Relations Office.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key relevant government authorities both at national and regional level other NGOs, implementing partners and donors.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe at donor meetings and NGO/UN coordination forums (UN relevant Clusters)
- Provide support to short-term experts and visitors
- Graduate degree in relevant field or equivalent in years of experience
- Proven record of experience in capacity building, inter agency/department coordination, policy advocacy
- A minimum to five (5) years’ experience working in the areas of Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security, Natural Ressource Management, Sustainable livelyhoods in a conflict-ridden country
- Experience in Afghanistan and operating in complex, international environments, with multi-cultural and multi-ethnic setting is highly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of English, knowledge of German is highly desirable, Dari and/or Pashtu will be a distinctive advantage
- Good team player with experience at mentoring staff
- Experience with German donors is desirable
- Ability to travel in the regions (30% time) will be required
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 30, 2017. In case of any queries regarding your application, please contact Rosemarie Rampp (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Return to Jobs